Fig Sugar Plums Recipe - Printable Version
These make great conversation piece -- and pieces de resistance!
- California figs
- Fillings (choose as many as you like):
- Half of mint or wintergreen cream patties
- Half of chocolate covered mint patties
- Salted nuts
- Toasted walnut meats
- Marshmallow, slit, with piece of chocolate tucked into it
- Wedge of candied ginger
- Ground nuts mixed with honey
- Ground or chopped salted peanuts mixed with peanut butter
- Blanched almonds, dried slowly in oven
- Candied cherry
- Chunk of candied pineapple
1. With your hands, pull California dried figs gently into their original shape, smoothing out wrinkles and perking up stems.
2. With a sharp, small knife, slit the smoothest side of the figs.
3. Stuff them plump and full with any of the goodies listed in the Fillings.
4. Arrange these good-to-eat and good-to-look-at figs on a pretty tray.
5. Place candle into a stem-clipped fig, which will serve happily as candle stick.