Fig Fruit Cake Recipe
Instructions:1. Butter a 6x10x3-inch loaf pan. 2. Line with waxed paper and butter generously again.
3. Set oven for 250 degrees.
4. Cover figs with very hot water, and let stand 10 minutes.
6. With scissors, snip off stems. Cut figs, cherries and pineapple into tiny bits.
7. Add chopped nuts and half the sifted flour.
8. Mix together lightly.
9. Sift remaining flour with salt, baking powder and spices.
10. Cream shortening, sugar, egg yolks and melted chocolate.
11. Whip egg whites until very light.
12. Combine all ingredients until just mixed.
13. Place in baking pan.
14. Bake at 250 F for about 3 to 4 hours.
15. Place pan of hot water in bottom of oven.
16. When cool, brush with hot corn syrup and decorate with figs, candied fruit and nuts.