California Fig Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
Instructions:1. Cover figs with hot water, allow to stand 10 minutes.
2. Pour off water and reserve for liquid.
3. Snip stems off figs, then chop coarsely.
4. Sift flour, measure.
5. Then add baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
6. Sift together.
7. Add oats, chopped figs and nut meats.
8. Cream shortening; add sugar, cream together thoroughly.
9. Add well-beaten egg, then add sifted dry ingredients alternately with water to form dough.
10. Drop by teaspoonfuls on greased cookie sheet and bake at 400 F for 10 minutes.