Black Beauty Pie Recipe
Instructions:1. Drain stewed figs thoroughly.
2. Set aside several figs to garnish pie top.
3. Cut up remaining figs into small bits, discarding stems.
4. In 1/2 cup of the milk, dissolve the gelatin.
5. Place remaining milk in saucepan with coffee, sugar, cinnamon and package of chocolate pudding.
6. Stir over low heat until pudding thickens and bubbles up.
7. Stir in the gelatin.
9. Then add vanilla and toasted, slivered almonds.
10. Pour into pie shell and chill.
11. Top with sweetened, vanilla-flavored whipped cream.
12. Dry the whole figs carefully and use with toasted whole almonds to garnish pie top.