Date Chutney Recipe
This recipe calls for tamarind paste, a sweet-and-sour flavoring paste made from the beanlike tamarind fruit. If you can't find tamarind paste, add 1/2 cup honey and 1/2 cup vinegar to dates during cooking.
Instructions:1. Place dates in a medium saucepan and cover with water.
2. Cook until soft and tender, about 25 minutes, or cook dates for 15 minutes in a pressure cooker.
3. Set cooked dates aside to cool.
4. Puree dates in small batches in a food processor or blender, adding a little water as needed to make a smooth paste.
5. Melt tamarind and spices to pureed dates.
6. Stir well.
7. Add more water as needed to make a thick sauce.