Curried Fruit Compote Recipe - Printable Version Serves 6 (4 quarts)
- 3 lb peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 lb apricots, peeled and halved
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into chunks (about 5 pounds)
- 1 cantaloupe, cut into chunks or balls (about 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced lime (about 1, small)
- 4 cup water
- 3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp curry powder
1. Treat peaches and apricots to prevent darkening while preparing other ingredients.
2. Combine water, sugar, lemon juice and curry powder.
3. Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and add peaches, apricots, pineapple and cantaloupe.
5. Simmer just until fruit is hot through.
6. Pack hot fruit into hot jars, adding 1 lime slice to each jar when filling.
7. Leave 1/2 inch head space.
8. Pour hot syrup over fruit, leaving 1/2 inch head space.
9. Remove air bubbles.
10. Adjust caps.
11. Process 30 minutes in boiling water bath.
12. Serve hot or let cool. Makes about 4 quarts.