Curried Fruit Compote Recipe
Instructions:1. Treat peaches and apricots to prevent darkening while preparing other ingredients.
2. Combine water, sugar, lemon juice and curry powder.
3. Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and add peaches, apricots, pineapple and cantaloupe.
5. Simmer just until fruit is hot through.
6. Pack hot fruit into hot jars, adding 1 lime slice to each jar when filling.
7. Leave 1/2 inch head space.
8. Pour hot syrup over fruit, leaving 1/2 inch head space.
9. Remove air bubbles.
10. Adjust caps.
11. Process 30 minutes in boiling water bath.
12. Serve hot or let cool. Makes about 4 quarts.