Nesselrode Pie Recipe
This delicious pie has a frozen confection filling with a Christmas garden of cherry poinsettias and gumdrop holly atop.
Instructions:1. Beat the egg whites till foamy, add the granulated sugar gradually and beat till stiff.
2. Fold in the almonds cherries, cherry syrup, and vanilla.
3. Fold confectioners' sugar into whipped cream; fold into the first mixture.
4. Pour into Vanilla-wafer Crust and freeze firm.
5. Garnish top with cherry poinsettias and gumdrop holly leaves.
1. Combine 1 1/4 cups fine vanilla-wafer crumbs and 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine.
2. Press into buttered 9-inch pieplate; chill till firm, about 45 minutes.
1. The stem mark of maraschino cherry will be the center of flower.
2. Holding cherry at stem end, use sharp scissors to snip it in sixths from opposite end not quite through.
3. Spread "petals" out around stem mark.
Gumdrop Holly Leaves: 1. With rolling pin, roll green gumdrops to 1/8 inch on a little sugar between sheets of waxed paper.
2. Snip out holly-leaf shapes.