Cherry Mousse Recipe
Instructions:1. Place the egg whites in the refrigerator and the yolks in a large stainless steel bowl and set aside.
2. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar and water.
3. Mix until dissolved and place on high heat.
4. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. When clear and the sugar is completely dissolved, remove from the heat and quickly whisk into the egg yolks.
6. With a hand mixer, beat this mixture on high speed for for 5 to 8 minutes or until stiff and shiny.
7. Set aside.
8. Whip the cream until stiff peaks form and set aside.
9. Whip the egg whites to form stiff peaks and set aside.
10. Add the pureed cherries to the egg yolk mixture and blend well.
11. Fold in the whipped crea and then the egg whites.
12. Pour into individual serving dishes or a large bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or longer if possible.
13. Serve with whipped cream or nuts as a garnish.