Cherry-Pecan Miniature Corn Muffins Recipe
Per miniature muffin: 90 calories, 2 gm protein, 13 gm carbohydrates, 4 gm fat, 14 mg cholesterol, 1 gm saturated fat, 38 mg sodium
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray miniature muffin pans with nonstick cookware spray.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, pecans and cherries.
4. Set aside.
5. In a small bowl, thoroughly combine the buttermilk and the eggs.
6. Pour the buttermilk mixture and the melted butter into the flour mixture.
7. Stir with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined.
8. Fill the muffin tins with batter to the rim of each cup.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 22 minutes until the tops are lightly brown.
10. If you make these early in the day, keep them wrapped in a cloth napkin.