Strawberry Yoghurt Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
Any fresh berry fruit may be substituted for the strawberries (raspberries, blackberries, blackcurrants, elderberries or blueberries). Leave out the lemon if using tart fruit such as blackberries.
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 pot strawberry yoghurt
- 1/4 cup milk, or more
- 2/3 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 large lemon, juice and rind
- 2 1/2 cup self-raising flour
1. Preheat oven to 350F, prepare pans.
2. Blend the margarine and sugar and beat in the eggs and yoghurt and milk.
3. Fold in the chopped strawberries, lemon juice and rind and very carefully fold in the flour to avoid squashing the fruit.
4. Spoon into muffin cases and bake for about 20 mins, longer if frozen fruit is used.