Strawberry White Chocolate Mousse Tart Recipe
Instructions:1. To make pastry: Mix first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Add butter and cut into mixture until it resembles fine meal.
3. Blend orange juice with egg yolk and vanilla.
4. Add enough juice mixture to dry imgredients to form ball that comes together.
5. Gather dough into a ball and flatten into a roughly 12 inch round.
6. Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 375 F.
7. Roll dough out between sheets of plastic wrap to 1/8-inch thickness.
8. Trim to an 11-inch circle (use tart pan as guide).
9. Remove plastic wrap from top and invert into a 10 inch round springform pan with removable bottom.
10. Remove plastic wrap and press into bottom and up sides of pan, crimp top edges.
11. Freeze for 15 minutes.
12. Line tart shell with aluminum foil and weight with pie weights or beans.
13. Bake until sides are set, about 10 minutes.
14. Remove foil and weights.
15. Bake crust until golden brown, about 16 to 20 minutes.
16. Sprinkle two oz of white chocolate over hot crust.
17. Let stand for about 1 minute.
18. Using the back of a spoon, spread chocolate over bottom and up sides.
19. Transfer to rack to cool.
20. To make mousse: Melt white chocolate with 1/4 cup heavy cream in a small heavy saucepan over very low heat, stirring constantly.
21. Pour into bowl.
22. Let stand until just cool.
23. Beat egg white in a small bowl until soft peaks form.
24. Gradually add sugar and beat until stiff but not dry.
25. Fold whipped cream, 1 tbsp liqueuer, and egg white into chocolate mixture.
26. Spoon mousse into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
27. Refrigerate until mousse is set, 2 hours or overnight (can be made ahead and frozen at this point).
28. To assemble: Fan all strawberries by making several legthwise cuts in each, starting 1/4 inch from base and extending through the tip.
29. Fan with fingertips.
30. Bring jam and remaining 1 tbsp liqueuer to a boil in a heavy small saucepan, stirring constantly.
31. Transfer to processor and puree.
32. Brush thin layer of jam over mouse.
33. Place 2 fanned strawberries with stems on opposing sides of mousse.
34. Arrange smaller fanned strawberries atop artistically.