Strawberry Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 18 muffins
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 1/3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
1. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl, and stir well.
2. Add fresh strawberries; stir well, and make a well in center of mixture.
3. Combine buttermilk and next 4 ingredients; stir well.
4. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
5. Divide batter evenly among 18 muffin cups coated with cooking spray; sprinkle 1-1/2 tablespoons sugar evenly over muffins.
6. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Remove from pans immediately; let cool on a wire rack.