Strawberry Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup bran cereal flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 egg whites or 3 eggs or equivalent egg-substitute
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free strawberry yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. To make bran cereal flour, place favorite bran flakes cereal in food processor and process until finely ground. There will be slight lumps remaining. Store and use as regular flour.
2. In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda and cinnamon.
3. In another bowl, beat eggs; add milk, yogurt and vanilla.
4. Mix well; stir into dry ingredients until just moistened.
5. Fold in the remaining ingredients.
6. Fill muffin tins sprayed with vegetable spray until 3/4 full.
7. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until done. (Muffins are done when top springs back when touched with fingertip.)