Strawberry-Corn Pancakes Recipe
Each serving provides: 1/2 milk, 1/2 fat, 1/4 protein, 1 3/4 breads, 1/2 fruit, 15 optional calories.
Per serving: 310 mg sodium 55 mg cholesterol.
Instructions:1. Using a fork, in medium bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, and baking powder.
2. In small bowl combine milk, egg and vanilla.
3. Add milk mixture to cormeal mixture; stir until combined.
4. Using a rubber scraper, gently fold in 1/2 cup strawberries.
5. In 9-inch nonstick skillet, melt 2 teaspoons margarine.
6. Drop batter by 1/4-cup measures into skillet making 4 pancakes, and leaving a space between each.
7. Cook 3 to 4 minutes until golden; turn and cook 1 minute longer.
8. Repeat procedure with remaining margarine and batter making 4 more pancakes. (2 pancakes per serving)
9. To serve, top each pancake with an equal amount of remaining strawberries.