Quick Strawberry Mousse Recipe
Instructions:1. In food processor combine strawberry slices, 1/2 cup of the sugar, liqueur and zest; puree until smooth.
2. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. In small pot over very low heat, combine orange juice with gelatin.
4. Heat, stirring frequently, until all gelatin dissolves, about 2 minutes.
5. Slowly whisk gelatin mixture into strawberry puree.
6. With mixer at high speed, beat cream until soft peaks form.
7. Fold 1/4 of whipped cream into strawberry mixture until well combined.
8. Gently fold in remaining whipped cream.
9. Line 5-cup bowl or mold with plastic wrap.
10. Pour in mousse.
11. Chill until firm, about 2 hours.
12. To unmold, invert onto serving platter.
13. Gently pull mold away from plastic wrap.
14. Peel off wrap.
15. Smooth sides of mousse, if necessary, with small warm knife or metal spatula.
16. Garnish mousse with whipped cream, strawberries and mint, if desired.