Buttermilk Pancakes with Strawberry Sauce Recipe - Printable Version Serves 5
- 2 cup flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten slightly
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Strawberry sauce:
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup blueberries, (optional)
1. To make pancakes combine dry ingredients, add milk, eggs and melted butter.
2. Stir until moistened (there should be some lumps).
3. Use 1/3 cup batter for each pancake. Makes 15 4-inch pancakes.
4. To make sauce, combine sugar, cornstarch, and orange juice.
5. Heat in saucepan until thickened, add straw berries.
6. Use to top pancakes and garnish with blueberries.