Saskatoon Pie Recipe - Printable Version Serves 6 to 8
- 4 cup saskatoon berries, called serviceberries in the US
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar, granulated
- 3 tbsp flour
- Pastry for double crust pie
1. In a saucepan, simmer saskatoon berries in water for 10 minutes.
2. Add lemon juice.
3. Stir in granulated sugar mixed with flour.
4. Pour into pastry lined pie plate.
5. Dot with butter.
6. Cover with top crust; seal and flute edges.
7. Bake in 425F oven for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 350F oven and bake 35-45 minutes longer or until golden brown.