Raspberry Mousse Recipe
Instructions:1. Choose a few perfect raspberries for garnish and set aside.
2. Puree remaining raspberries in processor or blender until very smooth.
3. Transfer 2 tablespoons of puree, with seeds, to measuring cup.
4. Strain remaining puree into mixing bowl, eliminating all seeds.
5. Add enough strained puree to the 2 tablespoons to measure 1/2 cup.
6. Set aside.
7. Chill remaining strained puree, which will be used as sauce.
8. In a small heavy saucepan combine sugar, water, and corn syrup.
9. Bring slowly to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally and brushing down any sugar crystals from sides of pan with brush dipped in cold water.
10. Raise heat slightly and cook until temperature of syrup reaches 240 F.
11. While syrup is cooking, beat 3 egg whites in a mixer until stiff.
12. As soon as syrup reaches 240 F, lower mixer speed to slow and pour hot syrup onto beaten whites, in a very thing stream.
13. When all of the syrup has been incorporated, raise a mixer speed and beat meringue until cool.
14. Stir together the 1/2 cup reserved raspberry puree and lemon juice and fold into the meringue until nearly blended.
15. Whip cream until stiff and fold into the meringue until blended. Do not overmix.