Raspberry Almond Muffins Recipe
The raspberry preserves and almond paste tucked inside these delicate muffins make them a surprising treat.
Instructions:1. Heat oven to 350 F Line muffin pans with foil baking cups.
2. Cut almond paste into 16 pieces and pat each piece into a round disk about 1 1/2 inches across.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy.
4. Beat in sugar until pale and fluffy.
5. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then mix in baking powder, baking soda, and almond extract.
6. With a rubber spatula fold in 1 cup of the flour, then the yogurt, and lastly the remaining flour until well blended.
7. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of batter into each cup and smooth surface with your fingers.
8. Top with a level teaspoon of raspberry preserves, then with a piece of almond paste.
9. Top each muffin with another 2 tablespoons of batter.
10. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
11. Turn out onto a rack and let stand at least 10 minutes.