Elephant Ears Recipe
Instructions:1. To make cinnamon-pecan filling: Beat butter, sugar, cinnamon, and cardamom in a small bowl until smooth.
2. Stir in pecans and currants.
3. Set aside.
4. Roll pastry into a 12 x 12-inch square; spread filling evenly over pastry; roll up in jelly roll fashion.
5. With a sharp knife, cut into 1-inch pieces, then carefully cut each piece in half but not all the way through.
6. Spread out the two halves, leaving them attached in center.
7. Place pastries 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
8. Let rise in a warm place until double in bulk, about 30 to 45 minutes.
9. Brush with egg; sprinkle with sugar and pecans.
10. Place in a hot 400 F oven; lower heat immediately to 350 F.
11. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
12. Remove to wire rack and cool.