Cranberry Pineapple Chutney Recipe
Instructions:1. Rinse and pick over cranberries, discarding stems or blemished berries.
2. Peel, core and finely chop the pineapple.
3. Peel and grate or mince the ginger.
4. Seed and mince the chili.
5. Remove two strips of zest from the lemon with a vegetable peeler and extract the juice from the fruit.
6. Tie the lemon zest and spices (if using whole spices) in a piece of cheesecloth, or just add them to the pot.
7. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Because of the cranberry's high acidity, they should not be placed in an aluminum or cast iron pan.
8. Bring to a boil.
9. Reduce heat and simmer the chutney for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cranberries begin to pop.
11. Correct the seasonings, adding more sugar, vinegar and lemon juice as needed; the Chutney should be a little sweet, a little sour and a little spicy.
12. Refrigerate for least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
13. Remove the cheesecloth bundle.