Wild Blueberry Cookies Recipe
Instructions:1. Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
2. Stir in blueberries.
3. Do not thaw if using frozen berries.
4. Cream shortening until soft, gradually beat in sugar then lemon rind and egg.
5. Add flour mixture alternately with milk, beating until smooth after each addition. (Frozen blueberries could be folded in quickly at the end - the dough turns purple as they thaw.)
6. Drop from teaspoon onto greased cookie sheet.
7. Bake at 375 F for 10-12 min or until lightly browned.