Snowflake Pancakes with Blueberries Recipe - Printable Version Serves 2
- 1 cake yeast or 1/4 oz package dry yeast
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 qt buttermilk
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 6 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup blueberries
1. Preparation of these pancakes must begin the night before they are to be served.
2. Soften yeast in warm water (if using a yeast cake, water should be 80 F. Dry yeast has better results if the water is heated from 105 F to 115 F).
3. In a separate container mix together buttermilk, baking soda, sugar and salt.
4. Add the softened yeast.
5. Sift flour and baking powder together and add, with the oil, to the buttermilk mixture.
6. Mix well.
7. Fold in the eggs.
8. Place in refrigerator and let sit overnight in a container large enough to allow the batter to double in bulk.
9. In the morning add the blueberries to the dough and stir down.
10. Cook in a frying pan over medium heat and serve.