Low-Fat Blueberry Bran Muffins Recipe
Instructions:1. Spray 12 muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper baking cups. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine bran cereal and buttermilk; allow to soak until cereal is soft.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice and sugar; whisk until mixed thoroughly.
4. Stir together egg whites and applesauce; mix well.
5. Stir blueberries into flour mixture.
6. Add bran mixture and egg whites to flour, stirring to combine.
7. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, filling completely. (The muffins will lose volume as the blueberries thaw during baking.)
8. Bake in a preheated 375-degree oven 25 to 30 minutes.
9. Remove from pan and let cool on a rack.