Buttermilk Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce Recipe - Printable Version Serves 2
361 calories, 1g fat.
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup non-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute product
- 2 tbsp honey
1. Blueberries can be fresh or frozen.
2. To make blueberry sauce, in a small saucepan, combine blueberries, sugar and cornstarch.
3. Stir in water and lemon juice.
4. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture and sauce thickens.
5. Set aside.
6. To make pancakes, in a medium bowl, combine flours and baking powder.
7. In a small bowl, combine buttermilk, egg product and honey.
8. Stir buttermilk mixture into flour, stirring until smooth.
9. Preheat non-stick skillet, sprayed with vegetable oil spray, over medium heat.
10. Pour batter in skillet to make six small pancakes.
11. Cook until bubbles break on the surface.
12. Turn and cook until golden brown.
13. Serve with blueberry sauce.