Blueberry Muffins Recipe
Per muffin (with butter): 253 calories (32% from fat), 9 g fat (5 g saturated), 1 g fiber, 42 mg cholestrol, 284 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrates, 42 mg calcium. With diet margarine: 225 calories (19.3% fat), 4.9 g fat.
Instructions:1. Line a 12-well muffin tin with paper baking cups.
2. Preheat oven to 400F.
3. Measure flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into a big bowl.
4. Melt butter (about 45 seconds on High, uncovered, in a microwave).
5. Add milk, then egg.
6. Stir a little, just to break up the egg.
7. Combine the wet and dry mixtures.
8. Just stir gently with a fork.
9. Stir in the blueberries.
10. Pour batter into muffin cups.
11. Cover each with 2 tablespoons of topping (see below).
12. Bake 30 to 35 minutes.
13. When muffins are done, take the muffin tin out of the oven.
14. The topping should be browned and crunchy and the tops mounded.
15. Let muffins cool in the tin at least 5 minutes.
16. Upturn the tin; the muffins will fall out.
1. Put butter, flour, sugar and cinnamon in a big bowl.
2. Rub them between your fingers and palms until you've made crumbs about the size of peas.
3. This may take 2 to 3 minutes.