Blueberry Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
- 2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 6 tbsp butter, melted or
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup blueberries, washed/drained
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
1. You will need 6 large or 10 or 12 small pyrex cups.
2. Or make it as a bread in a souffle dish.
3. Mix half the recipe unless you have a very large cooker.
4. To Cook: Into a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, salt, and 2 tablespoons sugar.
5. Make a well in the center and pour in the egg, milk, and melted butter or oil.
6. Stir together until mixed.
7. Don't beat.
8. Fold in the blueberries mixed with 3 tablespoons sugar.
9. Divide the batter among the well-greased Pyrex cups, filling each only halfway.
10. Place half the cups on a trivet in the bottom of the slow cooker.
11. Set a Pyrex mold or pie plate over the cups to make room for a second layer of cups.
12. Cover the top layer of cups loosely with a plate.
13. Set the timer so that the muffins will start cooking on Low 2 1/2 to 3 hours before breakfast time.
14. If using muffin cups as described above, halve the recipe.