Blueberry Lemon Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
159 calories, 6 grams total fat (1 gram saturated), 3 grams fibre
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 cup natural bran
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1. In bowl, stir lemon juice into milk.
2. Let stand 1 minute to sour.
3. Stir in egg, oil and molasses.
4. In large bowl, combine bran, whole wheat and all-purpose flours, sugar, lemon rind, baking powder and baking soda.
5. Add milk mixture and blueberries, mixing just until combined.
6. Spoon into non-stick or paper-lined muffin tins.
7. Bake in 375 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until firm to the touch.