Blueberry Corn Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 18 muffins
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda, and salt
- 1/2 cup each buttermilk, and, orange juice
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp grated orange zest
- 2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1. Makes 18 muffins In large bowl, combine flours, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. In small bowl, combine buttermilk, orange juice, margarine, egg and zest.
3. Add to flour mixture and mix only until moist.
4. Stir in blueberries.
5. Spoon into prepared muffing cups.
6. Bake at 400 F for 20-25 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.