Banana Velvet Doughnuts Recipe - Printable Version Makes 24 doughnuts
May form into long rolls and twist together to form crullers, cutting off every 2 inches.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Fat for deep frying
1. Sift together dry ingredients.
2. Beat eggs until light.
3. Add honey gradually and continue beating until well mixed.
4. Beat in mashed banana, butter, sour cream and vanilla.
5. Stir in flour mixture. Dough should be soft.
6. Chill for 2 hours or longer.
7. Roll out on floured board about 1/4-inch thick.
8. Cut with doughnut cutter.
9. In deep fat heated to 370 F, fry a few at a time. Fry the holes as well as the doughnuts.
10. Turn doughnuts when they rise to the surface and are brown on the underside.
11. Fry until brown on both sides.
12. Remove from fat and drain thoroughly.