Banana Cinnamon Doughnuts Recipe
Instructions:1. Heat oil in a deep-fat fryer or deep heavy skillet. Time heating so it will be ready when you are prepared to begin frying doughnuts.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. Cut in margarine using a pastry blender or two knives.
4. Make a well in center of mix and add mashed bananas and eggs.
5. Mix well.
6. Place dough on a lightly-floured surface and roll to 1/2-inch thickness.
7. Cut with a 2 1/2-inch doughnut cutter, dipping in flour as needed.
8. Deep-fry, a few at a time, until golden brown.
9. Drain on brown paper bags. Fry the doughnut “holes” also.
10. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a paper bag or place on a shallow plate.
11. Coat warm doughnuts with this mixture.