Banana and Oat Bran Muffins Recipe
Per muffin: 118 calories, 3.1 g total fat (24% of calories), 0.4 g saturated fat, 1mg cholesterol.
Instructions:1. Preheat the oven to 400F.
2. Coat 12 standard muffin tin cups with nonstick spray (or large paper muffin cups).
3. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, oat bran, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
4. Mix well.
5. Add the egg white, buttermilk, sugar, banana, oil, honey and orange zest.
6. Stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened; do not overmix.
7. Didvide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
8. Bake on the center oven rack for 14 to 17 minutes, or until the tops are light brown.
9. Loosen the muffins by rapping the pan sharply against the edge of the counter.
10. Remove them immediately to a wire rack.
11. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.