Banana-Ginger Bran Muffins Recipe
Instructions:1. Spray muffin tins with a nonstick vegetable cooking spray; set aside.
2. With an electric mixer on medium-low speed combine the banana, egg whites, brown sugar, melted margarine, vanilla and lemon peel.
3. Sift together the all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder, soda, salt and ground ginger.
4. Stir in the oat bran.
5. Slowly add to the banana mixture, beating just to blend.
6. Stir in the crystallized ginger and raisins 4. Spoon into the prepared muffin tins and bake in a preheated 375-degree oven 20 minutes or until the muffins test done.
7. Remove the muffins from the tins and place on a cooling rack.
8. Stir together the powdered sugar and lemon juice to make a glaze.
9. Immediately brush over the hot muffins.
10. Let cool a few minutes before serving.