Anne's Banana Pancake Recipe - Printable Version Serves 10
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground clove
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 1/2 cup lowfat milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
1. In a large bowl, mix first 6 ingredients until well blended.
2. Make well in the center of the mixture.
3. In a separate bowl, beat together the egg, oil, honey, milk and vanilla extract.
4. Slice banana in quarters lengthwise, then slice horizontally into very thin pieces.
5. Add egg mixture, banana and walnut into the well of flour.
6. Stir ingredients until well blended.
7. Add a little more milk if necessary, until the mixture has a pourable consistency.
8. Make silver dollar-size pancakes and cook in a preheated nonstick Teflon pan.