Apricot and Rice Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 18 muffins
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup rice bran
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup cooked, brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups dried apricots, diced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried prunes
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup no-fat yogurt
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup egg substitute or 1 egg, lightly beaten
1. In large bowl combine flours, rice bran, baking powder and cinnamon.
2. Stir in rice, apricots, raisins, prunes and walnuts.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, syrup, oil and egg.
4. Pour over dry ingredients and fold together until just moistened. Do not overmix.
6. Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
7. Divide the batter amoung cups.
8. Bake at 350 F until edges and tops begin to brown, about 45 minutes.