Tasty Apricot Fritters Recipe
Instructions:1. Rinse the apricots, slit the sides and remove the pits with a small spoon, leaving the apricots intact.
2. Replace each pit with an almond.
3. Place the apricots in a bowl and sprinkle the slit sides with the rum.
4. For the batter, combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk in the water, then the melted butter.
5. Pour the oil into a 4-quart pan and heat it to 350 F.
6. With a fork, dip the apricots into the batter and add to the hot oil 3 or 4 at a time, frying them about 6 or 7 minutes, until the batter is a deep golden and the apricots are cooked, but still firm.
7. Drain the fritters on absorbent paper as they are fried and keep them warm in a 300 F oven.
8. To serve, sprinkle the fritters generously with confectioners' sugar.