Apricot Squares Recipe
You can use either almonds or walnuts in this recipe-each gives a very different flavor.
Instructions:1. In a small saucepan, place apricots and cover with water.
2. Cook, covered, over low heat for 15 minutes.
3. Drain, and when apricots are cool enough to handle, chop finely.
4. Set aside.
5. Preheat oven to 350F.
6. Grease 8 x 8-inch baking pan.
7. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and 1 cup flour until well mixed and crumbly; pat into bottom of pan.
8. Bake 20 minutes at 350F or just until golden.
9. While batter is in oven, use the same bowl to mix all remaining ingredients (including apricots) except confectioners sugar.
10. Pour over baked layer and return to oven for 25 minutes.
11. Remove from oven; cool in pan before cutting in squares or oblongs with a sharp knife.
12. Dust with confectioners sugar.