Apricot Raisin Cookies Recipe
Instructions:1. Cut the dried apricots into very small pieces; combine with the raisins and 1 cup water in a saucepan with lid.
2. Bring to a boil and simmer, covered, for 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Remove from heat, leave covered and allow to cool. Do not drain.
4. In a mixing bowl, cream the shortening and margarine; add sugar gradually.
5. Add the slightly beaten eggs and vanilla.
6. Combine all the dry ingredients.
7. Slowly add to egg mixture and blend thoroughly.
8. Stir in the raisins, apricots and nuts.
9. Drop by teaspoonfuls on greased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart.
10. Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 12 to 14 minutes.
11. Remove from cookie sheets and let cool on wire racks.