Apricot Pineapple Pie Recipe
Instructions:To make pie shell: 1. Preheat oven to 375 deg (moderate).
2. Mix rice cereal, margarine, and 1 tbsp sugar thoroughly.
3. Save 1/4 cup of crumb mixture for top of pie.
4. Press remaining crumb mixture into 8" pie pan so the bottom and sides are completely covered.
5. Bake until crust is firm, about 8 min. Cool.
To make filling:
6. Drain juice pack apricots and pineapple; save 1 cup juice.
7. Coarsely chop apricots.
8. Mix sugar, tapioca, and cinnamon in saucepan. Stir in fruit juice.
9. Let stand 5 min Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
10. Remove from heat.
11. Add apricots, pineapplem and lemon juice.
12. Mix well. Spoon filling into pie.
13. Sprinkle crumbs over the top.
14. Chill until set.