Apricot Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
- 1/2 cup finely snipped apricots
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom or ginger
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
1. Soak the apricots in the apple juice for 10 minutes.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, spice and walnuts in a bowl.
3. Beat together the oil, sugar, and egg.
4. Add the apricots, with the juice and egg mixture to the flour.
5. Mix just until all the ingredients are blended.
6. Spoon into oiled muffin tins or paper muffin cups, sprayed with non-stick spray.
7. Fill cups 3/4 full.
8. Bake in 350 F oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.