Apricot Fritters Recipe - Printable Version Serves 6
- 1 29-oz can unpeeled apricot halves, thoroughly drained
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tbsp Crisco, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Confectioners sugar
- Crisco for deep frying
1. Dry apricot halves on paper towels until dry.
2. Beat egg with milk; stir in melted Crisco.
3. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
4. Add to egg mixture and stir until mixed.
5. Dip apricots in batter; fry a few at a time in deep Crisco heated to 365 F until fritters are brown, about 4 minutes, turning once. Do not use the frying basket.
6. Drain on paper towels.
7. Roll in confectioners sugar.
8. Serve warm.