Apricot Chutney with Raisins and Currants Recipe
Instructions:1. Put the apricots in a bowl.
2. Pour 4 cups of hot water over them and let them soak for an hour.
3. Put the garlic, and ginger into the container of an electric blender or a food processor along with 1/4 cup of the vinegar.
4. Blend until smooth.
5. Empty the apricots and their soaking liquid into a heavy stainless-steel or porcelain-lined pot.
6. Add the garlic-ginger mixture, the remaining vinegar, sugar, salt, and cayenne.
7. Bring to a boil.
8. Simmer on a medium flame, stirring frequently, for 45 minutes.
9. Do not let the chutney catch at the bottom of the pot.
10. Lower heat if necessary.
11. Add the raisins and currants and cook, stirring, another half hour or until chutney takes on a thick, glazed look. It will thicken slightly as it cools.
12. Let the chutney cool and store, refrigerated, in lidded glass or ceramic jars.