Apricot Bow Ties Recipe
Instructions:1. Mix walnuts and sugar.
2. Set aside.
3. Roll pastry on floured surface to 2 20 x 15-inch rectangles.
4. Trim edges evenly.
5. With a sharp knife cut into 12 5-inch squares.
6. Place 1 teaspoon of apricot preserves along one of the edges of the pastry 1/2 inch in from the edge.
7. Fold over opposite edge; press edges together to seal.
8. With a sharp knife, make a lengthwise slit in folded pastry to within 1 inch of each end.
9. Slip one end under and pull it through the slit. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
10. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, 30 to 45 minutes.
11. Brush with egg; sprinkle with walnut mixture.
12. Place in hot 400 F oven; lower hear immediately to 350 F.
13. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
14. Remove to wire rack; cool.