Apricot and Raisin Chutney Recipe
Sweet chutneys provide a delicious finishing touch to cold cuts, cheese and salads.
This slightly hot, spicy way of dealing with dried apricots and raisins is a traditional and ever popular addition to cold, simple fare.
Instructions:1. Rinse and put the apricots in a bowl with the hot water. Leave to soak for 4 hours.
2. Chop the garlic.
3. Peel and chop the ginger.
4. Blend the garlic and ginger with a little of the vinegar until smooth.
5. Put the apricots with their soakings water, the onions, the ginger and garlic mixture into an preserving kettle with the rest of the vinegar.
6. Add the sugar, salt and cayenne.
7. Bring to a boil and simmer gently for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
8. Add the raisins and continue cooking until the chutney thickens and begins to turn shiny.
9. Pack into hot clean jars, cover, process and cool.