Apricot-White Chocolate Cake Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
- 3/4 cup dried apricots, snipped into small pieces
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Cinnamon stick
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 cup sugar, to taste
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, prefferably frshly grated
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup evaporated skim milk or 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped good-quality white chocolate
1. Heat oven to 400 F.
2. Grease 12 muffin cups.
3. Boil sugar, water and cinnamon stick until sugar dissolves.
4. Add apricots and poach until tender, 3 to 5 minutes, depending on the apricots.
5. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of poaching water if using evaporated skim milk.
6. In large bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
7. In a small bowl, whisk together milk (and reserved poaching water, if using evaporated milk - this gives a delicate apricot flavor to the muffin itself), butter, egg, and vanilla.
8. Add wet ingredients to dry, and combine in as few strokes as possible.
9. Fold in apricots and chocolate.
10. Fill each muffin cup 1/2 to 3/4 full.
11. Bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.