Apricot-White Chocolate Cake Muffins Recipe
Instructions:1. Heat oven to 400 F.
2. Grease 12 muffin cups.
3. Boil sugar, water and cinnamon stick until sugar dissolves.
4. Add apricots and poach until tender, 3 to 5 minutes, depending on the apricots.
5. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of poaching water if using evaporated skim milk.
6. In large bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
7. In a small bowl, whisk together milk (and reserved poaching water, if using evaporated milk - this gives a delicate apricot flavor to the muffin itself), butter, egg, and vanilla.
8. Add wet ingredients to dry, and combine in as few strokes as possible.
9. Fold in apricots and chocolate.
10. Fill each muffin cup 1/2 to 3/4 full.
11. Bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.