Apricot-Pineapple Pie Recipe
Each of 6 servings contains about: 546 calories; 299 milligrams sodium; 16 milligrams cholesterol; 29 grams fat; 70 grams carbohydrates; 5 grams protein; 1.21 grams fiber.
Instructions:1. This filling is intense and sweet-tart, like the traditional apricot-pineapple jam.
2. With knife or kitchen shears, cut each apricot into quarters.
3. Put apricots in saucepan, add water, bring to boil, cover and cook over medium heat 10 minutes.
4. Add sugar and cook 5 minutes more.
5. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup juice.
6. Set apricots aside.
7. Drain crushed pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice.
8. Set pineapple aside.
9. In mixing bowl, dissolve cornstarch in reserved pineapple juice.
10. Add reserved apricot juice.
11. Put mixed juices in saucepan, add dash salt and cook over medium heat until mixture thickens, stirring continually.
12. Mix drained apricots and pineapple thoroughly.
13. Mix with thickened juices and pour into unbaked pie shell.
14. Dot with butter.
15. Cover with top crust, crimp edges and pierce with fork.
16. Bake at 400'F for 25 minutes.