Apple Pie Bread Recipe
Special Equipment: Electric mixer
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees; coat a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Whisk the flour with the oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
3. Beat the egg, egg white, brown sugar, honey and oil with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
4. Add the buttermilk and beat again.
5. Stir the flour and apples into the batter by hand just until combined.
6. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. The crust may crack.
7. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
8. Turn out onto rack and cool completely.