Apple Cinnamon Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
- 2 1/4 cup oat bran cereal
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 3/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate
- 2 egg whites, large
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 apple, chopped, medium
1. Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Mix the milk, apple juice concentrate, egg whites and oil.
3. Blend well (can be done in a blender).
4. Add to the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Add the chopped apple and spoon into muffin cups that have been sprayed with a non-stick coating.
6. Fill three-fourths full and bake in a 400 F oven for 15 to 17 minutes, or until done.
7. Serve warm.